Save Our Planet
CAA MEMBERS HAVE SOME ENVIRONMENTAL CONSCIOUS MEASURES IN PLACE!
Water is a precious natural resource and we all have a responsibility to treat it as such. Each year in June World Environment Day is globally celebrated to deepen public awareness of the need to preserve our beautiful planet.
The CAA members have some of the following measures in place to help “Save our Planet”:
- Energy-saving light bulbs as far as possible.
- Electricity Policy – notes in the rooms to inform guests to help save electricity by switching off lights, air-conditioners and appliances if they exit the room.
- Recycle of plastic, paper and glass.
- Use water saving devices such as a low flow shower head.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and hang towels/linen outside to dry.
- Laundry Policy – notes in the rooms to inform guests about each Guest House/B&B’s towel & linen change policy.
- Wash towels/linen in cold water to save water and electricity.
- Growing own herbs/vegetables for use when preparing meals.
- Plant water-wise plants and trees. Water garden with so-called “grey water” where possible.
- Use natural cleaning products. Lemon is a natural detergent that cuts through grease, baking soda helps to scour surfaces, and vinegar removes mould, bacteria and germs.
“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs,
but not every man’s greed” – Mahatma Ghandi.
NATURAL CLEANING MIXTURE
125ml lemon juice
250ml white vinegar
60ml sunlight liquid (original make)
Mix above together and use in a spray bottle.